Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Roller Coaster of Emotions

     The reasoning behind my blog title; Lost in London. I did not call my blog this because I plan to get lost. I am actually terrified to be the one American who gets lost on the trip. I picked this particular title for my blog  because I am lost in exactly what I want to do in my life. I know I want to be involved in criminal justice, I just do not know exactly what I want to be. In London I will still be lost in picking the exact direction I want to take with my career, but by the time I arrive home I hope to know exactly what direction I am going to be taking. The journey is going to open so many doors that have yet to even be imagined.    
      Ever since I was a little girl, I have always had the dream to travel the world. I was always told that, "you do not know what the world has to offer until you see it first hand." This statement has stuck with me over the years of growing up and has kept my interest in seeing the world going still till this day. I am a junior in college and my little girl dream is becoming true. In less than three weeks, I will be on a flight to London. 
      I will be traveling with the criminal justice studies to London the further my education in the criminal justice field. Not only am I passionate about traveling the world but I was extremely passionate about criminal justice. This trip is to not only see what the world has to offer in a different culture but to further my passion in criminal justice as a become closer to receiving a degree in this career field. I am going to gain the knowledge first hand of how two different criminal justice systems run according to the best interest of their culture. This will help me be more rounded of a person seeking a career in the criminal justice field. 
      Excitement is not the only word I would describe how I feel about this trip. I personally am extremely nervous, not because I will be out of the United States but because it will be a culture shock to me and I do not want to fail at adapting to the new lifestyle for a short period of time. In other words, I do not want to stick out like a sore thumb because I am a tourist. I want to do my best to try to blended in as much as possible. I might also add that I am terrified of planes, so that does not help with my nerves at all. Deep down in my heart I know this is going to be a positive adventure because I am going to experience a lot with some amazing people by my side. I am ready for a trip of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment